I was going to take the week off for the holidays, but seeing a group of people rally around the hashtag #newwwyear to get excited about building and updating their personal websites has inspired me to host an online Homebrew Website Club meetup during the holidays.
This is a virtual/online HWC meetup for website builders who either can’t make a regular in-person meeting in their city or don’t yet have critical mass to host one in their area. Everyone of every level is welcome to participate remotely! Don’t have a domain yet? Come along and someone can help you get started and provide resources for creating the site you’d like to have.
Location: Online via Google Hangouts (a link will be posted here or on syndicated copies of this post prior to the meetup: https://hangouts.google.com/call/8XGkwtEjxg2oH07pyOD_AAEE)
Join a community of like-minded people building and improving their personal websites. Invite friends that want a personal site.
- Work on your #newwwyear Resolution or IndieWeb Resolutions for 2018
- Work with others to help motivate yourself to create the site you’ve always wanted to have.
- Ask questions about things you may be stuck on–don’t let stumbling blocks get in the way of having the site you’d like to have.
- Finish that website feature or blog post you’ve been working on
- Burn down that old website and build something from scratch
- Share what you’ve gotten working
- Demos of recent breakthroughs
A link to the virtual meetup on Google Hangouts will be posted on the day of the event. Check back before the quiet writing hours/meeting to get the link.
Optional quiet writing hour: 19:30–20:30 ET (16:30-17:30 PT) Use this time to work on your project (or get some help) before the meeting.
Meetup: 20:30–21:30 ET (17:30-18:30 PT)
Skill levels: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
Keep in mind that there is often a European virtual meetup if those times work better for your schedule.
Any questions? Need help? Need more information? Ask in chat: http://indiewebcamp.com/irc/today#bottom
Add your optional RSVP in the comments below; by adding your indie RSVP via webmention to this post; or by RSVPing yes to one of the syndicated posts below:
Indieweb.org event: https://indieweb.org/events/2017-12-27-homebrew-website-club#Virtual_Americas